Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Zumba leads to deep thought?

Zzzzzzzuuuumba! I just got home from my first Zumba class ever! It was a lot of fun. I forgot what it feels like to be in a room with a bunch of people (in this case- ladies) with live music and energy on all sides! Don't get me wrong! I LOVE my BeachBody workouts- INSANITY will always be my go to workout and a regular part of my workout regimine- but for at least the next month you'll be able to find me 2-3 times a week sweating it out "dance/cardio" style with some girlfriends!

Speaking of working out- I have been kind of down on myself lately for not being so "on the ball" with my workout schedule. Its funny that I can get so bent out of shape over missing workouts (that I choose to skip for no other reason most of the time than just not wanting to push "play"), but there are so many other important things in my life that I miss daily and don't think twice about. The biggest- time during the week for deepening my walk with Christ and growing closer to Him through study, reflection and conversation. Tonight I'm reminded of how good it feels to (as BeachBody would say) "Decide, Commit and Succeed." The way I feel after a good workout is ALWAYS worth the time I spent working out-- and this is only physical! If I could only apply this same approach to my spiritual life--- OH THE REWARD! Our physical bodies- only temporary here on earth. Our hearts, our Spirits BELONG to Jesus! Time spent with Him is ETERNAL- the payoff is forever! Something we can't undo by eating a Snickers bar right after :)

So what I'm trying to say is this- sometimes we need to stop and check our priorities. For me, realizing that if I first give time to the One worthy of my undivided attention, the rest will fall into place. Deciding to sit down in the quiet and be with Jesus is time NEVER wasted! So if you see me- remind me! :)

PS- For the record- it felt good to get back on the workout grind this week! Being active and committed to staying healthy and taking care of our bodies also has its rewards! :)

K

No comments: