Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Greatest Pursuit...

I love being a mommy.  It is amazing to me how much I love this role.  I never would have ever imagined how much my heart and life's direction would be changed when we had our first baby girl.  Over the course of a few months with sweet Addison my whole reason for being on earth became new.  My heart understood in human capacity what God's love for us must feel like.  My mission field became more clear and apparent as now I had a young life to help guide, shape form and point to Jesus.  Many of the aspirations that had taken the forefront in my life shifted to other places of priority, no longer the "most important pursuit."

Today, I have two lives that I helped create, that I love with the deepest love I have ever known or experienced.  I know that this is cliche as it gets, but oh how my heart bursts with love each and every time Addison looks at me and says "You look pretty mama," or "Mommy, I love Jesus too!" 
It swells when my little Cruz-boy's mouth curves up in the corners giving me a slight smile when he is nursing and notices his mama adoringly looking at him.  When he "ah-goo's" me and coos at me, trusting me completely.

There are many things I love, that I still aspire for, to do, to be, and I know God still has plans for me that I will continue to seek and pursue, but the one that will be most important for all of my days is to be a wife and mommy.  To be a light and example to the lives God has entrusted me to parent with my husband.


I am thankful for this season in my life, for the role of being a mommy. Just thought I'd say so.

K

No comments: