Friday, April 27, 2012

a love note...

Dear Summer,

I have many hopes and dreams when I think of you.  For the most part, I am just plain excited to spend time with you, it has been a while and last time we were together I was not in the best form to enjoy you at the fullest.  This year I am about 30 pound lighter, and that being said, I have someone new to introduce to you.  He is wonderful.  
I plan to usher myself into your space with some nice, long runs.  You know, the kind that will tone my jiggly parts up so that I can be dressed appropriately and not make you uncomfortable ( I know you don't care for parka's).  These runs will often include a jogging stroller filled with two baby bums.  It will also often include my fitter-half, aka, my hubby.  If you could tell your friend, Spring to give us some nice warm days to prepare for our time with you, I'd forever be in your debt.
A nice place to enjoy cold strawberry-cucumber inspired water and conversations with you and other good friends will be my wonderful back yard, equipped with a new kiddie pool, lawn chairs and a mess of outdoor toys.  The new "Fathers Day" BBQ will also enhance our experiences together. As you well know, we've been preparing for your warm nights with smokies and burgers already.
Oh don't worry! We will definitely meet up weekly at our Bottle Bay stomping grounds.  Baby #1 has big plans to "go under completely" this year in the glorious lake (that you will warm, right?), and Baby #2 gets to experience the first splash in Lake Pend Oreille.  He will love it.  I can't wait to get back on my water ski and remind myself I'm getting older, but still "got it." 
I long for your sweet starry nights, warm evening breezes, toes in the water while sitting on the dock. The sounds of the hum of a boat motor, children laughing, the excitement of the first fish being reeled in, marshmallow roasted and tent pitched for the season.  Oh how you love me! :)
Summer Evenings on the Lake....
Iced coffee, garage sales, crafting, and spending time slowly absorbing each ray of sun you have to offer.  Oy! I am so eager for your arrival.  
Just wanted you to know you are heavily anticipated and thought of often.

Your #1 Fan,
Kristine


2 comments:

Trish Small said...

I love that have crafting on your list:) I miss Idaho summers:))))

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo looking forward to summer as well. Or a break, whichever comes first!

I'm having a Sephora giveaway, come and get it! www.houseofhemingway.com